CURRICULUM—Elementary through High School Students
Instruction for the following curriculum is age-appropriate and based on grade combinations (elementary through high school), class specifics, and/or time considerations. The primary skills at each level are covered in all progressive levels, in addition to the introduction of new and advanced curriculum as levels progress.
Dance education is incorporated in each level of classes, as an integral component of the social skills training. Dance breaks down inhibitions, establishes respect, develops confidence, and teaches students how to appropriately interact with the opposite gender in a positive environment.
COTILLION is designed to introduce students to social skills fundamentals that will instill confidence in developing positive relationships.
Social Skills Fundamentals
- Introductions – 5 Essential Elements
- Courtesy & Consideration
- Listening & Conversation
- Making Good Choices
- Basic Table Manners
- Swing Hustle
- Specialty & Folk dances
CLUB COTILLION instructs students on how social skills affect all of their relationships, position them from a point of strength, and are the foundation of leadership.
Social Skills Development
- The Power of First Impressions – 8 Essential Elements
- Self-confidence & Respect
- Communication — Rules & Taboos
- Teamwork & Leadership
- Dining Etiquette — Rules & Taboos
- Foxtrot with patterns
- Waltz with patterns
- Swing Hustle with patterns
- Cha Cha
- Line Dances
Social Skills Essentials & Advanced College Prep
SOCIAL SKILLS ESSENTIALS is an advanced program in which students learn how social skills define and build character, and are instrumental in achieving success and opening doors of opportunity.
Social Skills Elevation
- Relationship Building – 10 Essential Elements in First Impressions
- Communication — Non-verbal & Verbal
- High Tech Etiquette— Rules & Taboos
- Appearance & Dress
- Defining Character & Codes of Conduct
- Advanced Dining — Home, Guest & Restaurant
- Social Dating Etiquette — Rules & Taboos *
- College & Job Preparation *
- Interview Fundamentals *
*included in Advanced College Prep for high school students
- Foxtrot with advanced patterns
- Waltz with advanced patterns
- East Coast Swing / Jitterbug with advanced patterns
- Advanced Latin Dances & patterns – Salsa, Merengue, Tango & Samba
- Advanced Line Dances
Please note: The Social Skills Essentials curriculum is taught at both middle and high school levels. For high school students we call the classes ACP – Advanced College Prep in social skills education. ACP classes cover additional topics not covered at the middle school level as noted in the chart above.
JDW Social Education Programs® also offers training for students from elementary through high school independent of our Cotillion programs through our SEE division. For more information about our independent SEE programs, or to learn how to organize a SEE program for your school, club or other organization, please contact us directly.